Tropical storm Ida has brought an unprecedented amount of rain and much of our service territory is experiencing extreme flooding conditions. Gas crews have been dispatched to hardest hit areas to shutoff natural gas and prevent gas emergencies.
- Extensive flooding, hazardous conditions and inaccessible roadways may affect our ability to respond to emergency calls and begin damage assessment. We are working with local first responders to physically get our teams to the hardest hit areas as safely and quickly as possible.
- PSE&G currently reports approximately 25,000 of its 2.3 million customers are currently without service. The vast majority of outages are in Essex, Bergen, Somerset, Union, Mercer and Gloucester counties at this time.
- As of 9 a.m., PSE&G has restored power to approximately 110,000 customers.
- More than 1,200 line workers, tree trimmers, surveyors and other utility personnel are dedicated to the restoration effort. We have requested additional support through mutual aid.
- Crews are working to assess damage and make repairs. As we learn more about the extent of the damage, restoration times will be adjusted.
- Downed wires should always be considered “live.” Stay at least 30 feet away from downed lines, and don’t go near the pole or anything touching the line. Immediately contact PSE&G, at 1-800-436-PSEG (7734) via mobile app or our website, to report downed wires and dial 911 if an immediate hazard exists.
- Electric current passes easily through water, so stay away from downed power lines and electrical wires. Don't drive over – and don't stand near – downed power lines. Click here for flooding safety information.
- Downed lines can potentially be hidden in standing water. If you encounter large pools of standing water, stop, back up and choose another path.
- To prevent carbon monoxide poisoning, do not run any gasoline-powered generators in a garage or any other enclosed space.
- If you are on life-sustaining medical equipment, ensure that you alert PSE&G in advance and notify your local police and fire departments. For more information, visit www.pseg.com/life.
- Download the PSE&G mobile app to report outages and receive information on restoration times, crew locations and more.
- Register for MyAlerts to receive text notifications at pseg.com/outagecenter.
- Report an outage and receive status updates by texting OUT to 4PSEG (47734). You can also report your outage through our app, website at pseg.com/myaccount or with your voice using the Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant[i] app on your smartphone.