(NewsUSA) - All parents want the best for their babies, and that starts with the right nutrition. Some of the biggest challenges parents may face when bringing baby home are feeding time and tummy troubles.
Exclusive breastfeeding is recommended. For parents who are not able to or choose not to breastfeed and those looking to supplement breastfeeding, a high-quality infant formula offers complete nutrition and easy digestibility to promote healthy growth.
A few tips for an easier feeding time:
- Feed your baby at regular intervals during early hunger cues.
- Try to feed in a calm and quiet setting with the baby upright on your lap; this position reduces pressure on the tummy.
- If bottle feeding, paced bottle feeding is recommended, which may result in some swallowed air.
- Burp your baby about every 5 minutes during bottle feedings and hold them upright for about 20 to 30 minutes after each feeding, avoiding vigorous play.
- Even a two-month-old still benefits from feeding every 2-3 hours, or eight times a day. However, older babies can be more easily distracted, so promote full feeding by reducing distractions.
"The NAN PRO 1 Infant Formula from Nestlé is designed after the complete nutrition and gentleness of breast milk. Whether as the sole source of nutrition or as a supplement to breastfeeding, NAN 1 helps keep them on track for healthy growth. NAN PRO 1 Infant Formula also includes expert-recommended levels of DHA to support healthy brain and eye development," says Joel Lim, MD, pediatric gastroenterologist and medical director at Nestlé Gerber.
NAN PRO 1 can be used as a starter formula for all healthy babies and is also a beneficial choice for those babies experiencing gas or fussiness because it has the probiotic L. reuteri, as well as 2'-FL HMO. These ingredients promote digestive health and support baby's still-developing immune system.
Probiotics, or "good bacteria," are live microorganisms that support a healthy digestive system when eaten regularly. The first year of life is important for nourishing baby's digestive and immune health, another reason to pay attention to nutrition right from the start.
Visit this link to purchase Nestlé NAN Pro 1 Infant Formula.
Visit this link for more advice on feeding tips to keep your baby healthy.